Poor silkie roo bit off more than he could chew.....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pumpkinpup, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have a white silkie rooster named Fozzie. He decided yesterday to start a fight with my black cochin rooster and ended up on the short end of the stick so to speak. His comb is terribly bloody. With it being so very cold I did not wash him up for fear that he would get chilled and it seems to have clotted but he looks real rough [​IMG]
    OUCH, he looks miserable but is moving about and eating as normal. Maybe he will think twice next time.

2. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    I guess silkies really are evil! My silkie roo did the same thing with my white cochin frizzle roo. It was bloody, no real injury though. Both were better it a few days. I did make sure they can no longer get to each other. Hope yours heal okay.

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I would put neosporin on him. Poor little guy.

4. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Maybe you could bring him in and just wash of and exam his comb. When dry apply neosporin or bag balm and then put him back out. If his comb is bloody while he is with the flock they may continue to peck at him.

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

OMG...My young white silkie roo is doing the same thing! Chasing my blue bantam orp roo all over trying to fight...just relentless! He makes me soooo mad sometimes I just wanna choke him! [​IMG]

6. silentrunning

silentrunning Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    With their disposition, I'm glad Silkies don't weigh 15 pounds. Mine were always picking a fight with the ducks.

Doug

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by