Poorly chicken advice please!

holly_wyatt

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2019
Bristol
Hi there,
I wonder if someone could offer us some advice please. Over the last week or so one of our warrens has stopped laying daily, and only laid a couple of very white shelled eggs. She's normally very sweet and friendly, but for a couple of days became quite aggressive and has now become very lethargic and is spending most of her time standing still sort of fluffed up and hunched a bit. She is still eating and drinking, but is very obviously not well. Her crop doesn't seem full and I can't feel an egg when I've felt around her, but I'm no chicken expert so may be wrong! We also noticed this morning she has a little bit of white on her which we hadn't noticed before - I've posted a picture.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated - she's my favourite

Attachments

• 20190722_091953.jpg
    20190722_091953.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 5
Do you feel any bloat/swelling or fluid in the abdomen?
You mention the crop doesn't seem full, but is it empty in the morning before she eats/drinks?

She may be having some reproductive problems or could be starting to go into molt depending on her age. Inspect her for lice/mites, get a fecal float to check for worms and while you are looking her over check for pin feathers.

The white on the earlobe looks like normal color leakage, Warrens are a hybrid so it would not be unusual to see something like that.

Back
Top Bottom