Poorly chicken with wet feathers

DeeBeDo

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2016
Hi Guys,
I'm hoping someone may have an idea of whats wrong with my chicken. 'Nutmeg' has been a bit off recently (although still eating and drinking) however she has lost a lot of weight, her comb has turned dark red and her feathers under her wings are sopping wet. I treated her for red mites as I identified some in her skin (not a bad infestation though) but her feathers are something I haven't seen before. Her vent area is ok and the feathers there are still dry, clean and fluffy its just under her wings and a bit on her back. I have a picture of it. Sorry new to this site so hope its ok to put up pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Dee

Im not sure but maybe she has cysts of some sort that have developed under the wings and they've started to leak? Definitely get help from a professional though because it might be serious

Hi Guys,
I'm hoping someone may have an idea of whats wrong with my chicken. 'Nutmeg' has been a bit off recently (although still eating and drinking) however she has lost a lot of weight, her comb has turned dark red and her feathers under her wings are sopping wet. I treated her for red mites as I identified some in her skin (not a bad infestation though) but her feathers are something I haven't seen before. Her vent area is ok and the feathers there are still dry, clean and fluffy its just under her wings and a bit on her back. I have a picture of it. Sorry new to this site so hope its ok to put up pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Dee

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your chicken? I have a chicken right now that has wet fuzzy feathers under her wings.

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your chicken? I have a chicken right now that has wet fuzzy feathers under her wings.
Welcome To BYC

Do you have photos?

Look at the skin really well to see if there's an oozing wound or irritation.
Look at her beak, nostrils, eyes for discharge, she may be wiping those under her wing and getting them wet.

Back
Top Bottom