Pop bottle founts vs rabbit waterers?

LilRalphieRoosmama

Officially Quacked
12 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Elyria, OH
I've been using the standard waterers with the quail base for my various quail but the water just gets too dirty too often. I've been looking at the pop bottle founts that hang on the outsides of their cages but before I order, I have a few questions:

Some say for plastic soda bottles; others say for "old fashioned" glass bottles. Will a beer bottle work because I haven't seen glass soda bottles in forever.

Has anyone had luck with the rabbit waterers (the ones with the little balls in the end of the metal tube)? I've searched some posts and some members said they were going to try them but I didn't see any posts that said it worked.

Does anyone know of a way to make them yourself? I need quite a few so if I can make them, I'd much prefer to do so.

Thanks for any help!

May I ask where you buy the pop water founts? I saw a lot of them at a local chicken farm used......a lot of them. I should have asked.

Quote:
These were actually the ones I was going to order but they said glass bottles. Can't beat the price so I'll give it a try. I have one small tube waterer in one cage and it works great but it is small - like a test tube and has to be filled twice a day. Am hoping these bigger ones work better. Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom