Pop-up adds

Apparently I don't have an add blocker that's up to the task. must fix this here!
Mary
BYC would prefer that you not use an add blocker. If you do, then they will not be able to make any money off of your views of the site, essentially stealing even if you don't know you are doing it. The site takes a lot of money to run and maintain and that has to come from somewhere. You can get rid of adds by buying or winning a PFM but should not use an addblocker with a free account.

That said, I'm sure Rob will be trying to track those adds down and make them stop bothering you as they should not be on top of anything on your screen.

BYC would prefer that you not use an add blocker. If you do, then they will not be able to make any money off of your views of the site, essentially stealing even if you don't know you are doing it. The site takes a lot of money to run and maintain and that has to come from somewhere. You can get rid of adds by buying or winning a PFM but should not use an addblocker with a free account.

That said, I'm sure Rob will be trying to track those adds down and make them stop bothering you as they should not be on top of anything on your screen.
All of this! :thumbsup

Yup, I'm working with our ad partners to fix that ASAP!

That's why i haven't been using an ad blocker!!!
Mary
:)

We try VERY hard to keep the ads (especially for our logged-in members) at a minimum, and ones that are appropriate for our community.

Running a site as big as BYC is not cheap, and it's the advertising that really keeps the site afloat and free for millions of peeps around the world.

Sorry you're experiencing problems with the ads on the site.

We do not support pop-up (or pop-under) ads, so if you've seen them, they either got through our filters, or are coming to your browser another way.

Can you take a screenshot of the next one you see and post it? That will help us try to identify if it's from our ad partners and if so, tweak our filters to remove it.
Your contributions are very helpful.

I just got this weird one that bounced across the screen and parked in the middle:
bouncing add.JPG

I tried to get the URL off of it, but by the time I got the screenshot it had vanished

Back
Top Bottom