Popcorn?

kingmt

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2009
Mason WV
I keep hearing that these quail hatch fast. Well I'm on my first try at hatching some coturnix eggs & have been reading this section for a month give or take to get ready for them. I am on day 17 & I got my first pip about 14 hours ago I have gotten 2 more pips within the last 2 hours & still no chicks. I did pull the first one to pip out & candled it because the way I was reading this flies by. I did find that that one still had movement in it. I left the rest alone & am just waiting to see the out come.

Everything has been hatching weird lately, I have no idea what is going on!!

What is your humidity at?
It should be at least 65%

What is your temp at?
It should be about 99 degrees.

If these things are right, then all you can do is wait! But let me tell you, these birds are not hatching as they should!! Check out my 'what's up with my hatches?' thread!!
gig.gif

I've had quail wait nearly 24 hours between pip and zip, so don't worry.
smile.png
Leave them alone and get your humidity up a little.

Quote:
That's true, they usually hatch very quickly, but not always. Yours just want to make you sweat, so you'll love them that much more!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I do like my birds but not love. I will provide a safe place for them, feed them, & water them but when it comes time to eat them I don't love them.

Quote:
I do like my birds but not love. I will provide a safe place for them, feed them, & water them but when it comes time to eat them I don't love them.

uh huh! you LOOOVE to eat them
wink.png

Quote:
I don't really care for the taste of bird but my family love them so I do it for them. The eggs on the other hand I LOOOOOVVVEEE to eat. I will fix them for every meal. The best is when we have Mexican (or as the kids call it tocobell). I'll take the leftovers & mix them in a egg with milk & fry it all together some habinaro & some ranch on top. Man that is good.

Quote:
I don't really care for the taste of bird but my family love them so I do it for them. The eggs on the other hand I LOOOOOVVVEEE to eat. I will fix them for every meal. The best is when we have Mexican (or as the kids call it tocobell). I'll take the leftovers & mix them in a egg with milk & fry it all together some habinaro & some ranch on top. Man that is good.

oooo that DOES sound good!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom