Popular Music , Dumbing Down Our Kids?

I despise rap. I'll listen to anything but. But really, I'm sick of the radio all together. I like satellite radio, usually listen to a channel called Rawhide, old old country (think roy acuff). I grew up listening to 80's metal, Guns and Roses being my favorite, which I still like. For awhile as a kid I got into pop a little bit, groups like Ace of Base and TLC. But as I grew up, I got away from that and into mainstream country. Now I've progressed from Mainstream country, to the type of country this country was raised on. Thank goodness for MP3 players. I'f I'm listening to the radio at all in my car, it will be conservative talk AM radio.

It is making my neighbors turn into IDIOTS! We share a wall and its booming pert near 24/7. I think I'm losing my mind. We can't hear our TV, we have to talk over their music. They have to yell at each other to be heard and go outside to talk on the phone. slam doors each time they go out. Bounce basketball in the house. I have to go now before...........................!@#$%^&*!
somad.gif

Quote:
Im thinking something like a directional EMF generator - just short em out! No giveaway smoke trail, either.

BTW I love the poster.

Quote:
That's what they said about the Beatles, Elvis and the Rolling Stones.

I listen to it all. I'm a huge Metallica fan but will be got listening to Elton John, the B-52s, Neil Diamond and some Xibit. I like John Anderson and the older country. The new stuff nowadays sounds too much alike. Leans too much toward Pop for my liking.

jeremy

Quote:
My DH named our son Sebastian, after Skid Row front man Sebastian Bach, the "whooohoooo king" king as he calls them.

Oh my goodness....I so wanted to do that too at one point...
Actually for one of my classes in high school (family education/planning) we had to carry around flour sack babies (the 10 pound ones) for a month...I named mine(it was supose to be a boy)....Sebastian Garrett (of course after Sebastian and Leif Garrett)....I also had a black cat named Sebastian.....And when I was prego with both my GIRLS I was sure they were BOYS and I had the name Leif picked out for both of them...lol

Quote:
That's what they said about the Beatles, Elvis and the Rolling Stones

jeremy

Exactly.

myself. I like some of the rap that is out there. some of the new pop as well.
I have everything from Elvis to Lady GaGa on my IPod.
My 6 year old daughter prefers "classic" AC/DC which is good since I cant stand the Kidz Bop crap. Her favorite song is "Shook Me All Night Long"
Kid can belt it out.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

Quote:
That's what they said about the Beatles, Elvis and the Rolling Stones

jeremy

Exactly.

myself. I like some of the rap that is out there. some of the new pop as well.
I have everything from Elvis to Lady GaGa on my IPod.
My 6 year old daughter prefers "classic" AC/DC which is good since I cant stand the Kidz Bop crap. Her favorite song is "Shook Me All Night Long"
Kid can belt it out.​

Love AC/DC. I can't believe Angus Young is over 60 now. Funny how a band got so big doing simple guitar licks.

jeremy

Back
Top Bottom