Popularity of bantam frizzle and smooth BBS cochins

poultrycrazy

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
:)
I have a bantam black frizzle cochin pullet and 3 unsexed bantam splash cochins. I think i might get a mottle roo or a Blue, black or Splash. Any oppinion on whick roo would be appreciated. Woould these sell easily? Would they go for a good amount of Money?

Hi! You should have no problem selling chicks.
Would they go for a good amount of Money?

Define 'good amount' and depends on the 'quality of the birds'.

smile.png

Lisa​

All of them came from breeders and will come from breeders except for the blck frizz. pullet came from hatchery.

I agree you shouldn't have much problem selling them if you have ones of good type but if you don't then you will have a bit harder time but most people are suckers for cochins and especially a frizzle!!!But are you going to get rich or make a profit selling bantam cochins, no. If that is what you are asking. I've seen single hens go for $75 but they were awesome in type and color. The blacks sell for alot more I have noticed.

Im not trying to make a fortune although that would be awesome
woot.gif
I am just trying to make enough money to pay for feed. I do plan on trying to make there type and color the best i can. How about silkies? I have this Black rooster and a Partridge rooster. If i get like a black hen and breed her to the partridge will i get darker partridge? I am really excited cuz the breeder near me just got some really high quality silkies and she is selling offspring in the spring!
celebrate.gif
Will selling the BBS and maybe Blue Mottled bantam cochins frizz and smooth, Partridge and black (maybe BBS) silkies and WC chocolate, black, cuckoo, and maybe khaki bantam polish frizz and smooth pay for most feed and bedding? Cuz that would be awesome! I also have FBCM but i am not sure on there quality. OOO and MF booted bantams and BBR OEGB's but those two breeds came from a hatchery although someone on here told me the MFBB was good quality.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom