Porcelain d'uccle thread

Pics

Saddle feathers???

8 weeks. His sister has no comb at all...guess I'm just in denial! Lol
Yep you are. his saddle feathers are the ones that are starting to show above his tail, they originate from his back (where a saddle would be if you were saddling him, hence the name) and then if you look at his hackle feathers (around the bottom of his neck basically) you will see that there are plenty of long slender pointy ones. Females have much shorter and blunter or rounded feathers. You have the luxury of a female to compare them to it sounds like. mine is a bit older than yours and his comb is as big, he started trying to crow over a week ago and his saddle feathers and hackles are unmistakable. He is a cutie, I hope you can keep him.

Yep you are. his saddle feathers are the ones that are starting to show above his tail, they originate from his back (where a saddle would be if you were saddling him, hence the name) and then if you look at his hackle feathers (around the bottom of his neck basically) you will see that there are plenty of long slender pointy ones. Females have much shorter and blunter or rounded feathers. You have the luxury of a female to compare them to it sounds like. mine is a bit older than yours and his comb is as big, he started trying to crow over a week ago and his saddle feathers and hackles are unmistakable. He is a cutie, I hope you can keep him.

And that's what breaks my heart...I can't keep him.
1f62d.png

Quote:You should maybe give him some time to crow and see if it is really as bad as you think it will be. Mine is no louder than a parrot.

Ohh that would be amazing if he was quiet!!!! Not trying to sound dumb but does he try to mate with your regular sized chickens? Lol

Mine is still just a tad older than yours so not sure how he will be with the l.f. hens. He is maturing faster than any rooster I have had. He is being a bumbling little creeper. I am probably going to put him with my big girls soon to teach him a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom