Porcelain d'uccle thread

Just saw this thread... I'm excited to have added some porcelain d'uccles to my Ideal order today! Had some mille fleurs coming, and now some porcelains too!! Mille fleurs are cool looking, porcelains just beautiful!

Mine is almost 1 year old and still NO eggs!!!!!!!!! She's going on Craigslist soon if she doesn't start producing!

Mine is almost 1 year old and still NO eggs!!!!!!!!! She's going on Craigslist soon if she doesn't start producing!
Mine didn't start laying until 6-7 months. When looking online a lot of people say they are slow starters and are often 9+ months before they start laying well. Last year I only got 2-3 eggs a week and she stopped over the winter. Since spring has rolled around I am already getting 3+ eggs a week and she isn't showing any signs of slowing down.

I'd try to give her some more time, it's always the late bloomers that end up being good eggs. Look at it this way, it's not like they eat a lot!

I just got my first Porcelain. She was a loner at the feed store. I know, I shouldn't buy from there. But, she was soooo sad. I tried to put her with our other 1 week old pullets, but they did not take to kind to her. So we are going to make her a pet. And we named her Karin...she's a girl with a big attitude. Any and all suggestions good and greatly appreciated.

Jenn

Please tell me that little Snow is gonna grow bigger than the turtle dove size she is now! About 7 weeks old?

Is my girl a porcelain? Her mom was. But I don't know enough about chickens to know what color she is tending towards. Can you even tell at this age? 1 week old yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom