Porcelain d'uccle thread

Pics
So I have 6 porcelins all seem to be shy except 1. Daisy loves to be on my hand or shoulder and will allow.me to take her picture. I'm trying to figure out how to keep there feet clean and minimalize the fly's in the bantum coop. Southern GA is so hot and humid in the summer you can hardly breathe sometimes. I have found that the lavender scented car fragrance trees do a great job keeping down the flys. Their coop floor is dirt with bedding on it to try to keep there feet cleaner but a soon as I put fresh bedding down the chickens scratch it out. In two days or so we are back to dirt. Can't really put concrete down just not practical. Two many bugs to put wood down. They would hide under it. Any other suggestions?

So I have 6 porcelins all seem to be shy except 1. Daisy loves to be on my hand or shoulder and will allow.me to take her picture. I'm trying to figure out how to keep there feet clean and minimalize the fly's in the bantum coop. Southern GA is so hot and humid in the summer you can hardly breathe sometimes. I have found that the lavender scented car fragrance trees do a great job keeping down the flys. Their coop floor is dirt with bedding on it to try to keep there feet cleaner but a soon as I put fresh bedding down the chickens scratch it out. In two days or so we are back to dirt. Can't really put concrete down just not practical. Two many bugs to put wood down. They would hide under it. Any other suggestions?

My 2 little porcelains took forever to warm up to being handled...they are now almost 5 months old and are still a little flighty but are very calm and sweet when they are being held. It just takes time and a ton of patience and handling....

Got her from a mystery bin at Tractor Supply, she's very curious so far but doesn't really like company (from people or chickens). Still a pullet so hopefully that will change over time.

Attachments

• IMG_5323.JPG
    IMG_5323.JPG
    573.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5325.JPG
    IMG_5325.JPG
    604.4 KB · Views: 10
Wow a thread for porcelain d'uccle! And beautiful pics! I can't figure out how to post pics yet or I'd show mine - have to ask my kids...lol
On my phone if I have pics on my gallery I upload a file in this reply box then find the pic in the gallery and touch the pic I want and it uploads the picture.

There is also a D'UCCLE thread for all the pics. That one seems to get better traffic then this one. Sometimes I post on it.

On my phone if I have pics on my gallery I upload a file in this reply box then find the pic in the gallery and touch the pic I want and it uploads the picture.

There is also a D'UCCLE thread for all the pics. That one seems to get better traffic then this one. Sometimes I post on it.
I'm getting the prompt to add media, which I tried to do. Thanks for the tip on another d'uccle thread - was just happy to find this one! I just love the coloration, unlike any others that I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom