Porcelain Silkie Thread

Too much brown to be porcelain. Looks more like partridge.

I did have some one say recessive white too.. it's looks change daily but starting to feather in on wings, and they're coming in a light greyish white.. I'm keeping all the ones hatching like this to grow out to see what they turn out like ..

I don't know if this thread is dead or not but I thought I'd give it a try. I have a few genetic questions. First of all if you breed two porcelains will get porcelain offspring? Also, what would you get if you bred a lavender to a porcelain?

Porcelain X porcelain= 100% porcelain.

My porcelain rooster X lavender hen gave me splash offspring. I bred one of those splash roosters back to his lavender mother and I'm getting all lavender babies. That was what I was hoping for since I want to build a lavender flock.

Yep. :)

I am in Northern California too. Working on porcelain and lavender.

Nice. It's hard to find many people from Northern California since southern cali seems to be so popular. I'm really loving the porcelain silkies. The colors are beautiful together. I hope one of mine turns out but only time will tell. The breeder doesn't seem to have been very honest about the breeding unfortunately. .. :(

Also hoping to get some advice..is this a porcelain chick?? It popped up out of a black hen and paint roo, but starting to think my white roo snuck in.. regardless, I have no clue what color and porcelain looked closest when i did a search....

Just realized that was the chick (first one of this color to pop up) from eggs a friend hatched from my birds. This is the one I hatched out..

At hatch:

And now:

Nice. It's hard to find many people from Northern California since southern cali seems to be so popular. I'm really loving the porcelain silkies. The colors are beautiful together. I hope one of mine turns out but only time will tell. The breeder doesn't seem to have been very honest about the breeding unfortunately. .. :(

You should post pictures of them. :)

Mine are from Catdance Silkies and I just added some from Sheri Minkner and hers are her own line X Catdance.

I don't know where you live in Northern California, but some of my Silkie chicks are going to be at the big 4H fund raiser at Tractor Supply tomorrow in Oroville. I donated eggs. Not sure what hatched, but I have been getting porcelain, lavender and splash. Also donated some of the 3 week old porcelain chicks from Sheri's eggs. They are the ones in the picture I posted. I also sell hatching eggs. When the girls aren't broody! LOL

You should post pictures of them. :)

Mine are from Catdance Silkies and I just added some from Sheri Minkner and hers are her own line X Catdance.

I don't know where you live in Northern California, but some of my Silkie chicks are going to be at the big 4H fund raiser at Tractor Supply tomorrow in Oroville. I donated eggs. Not sure what hatched, but I have been getting porcelain, lavender and splash. Also donated some of the 3 week old porcelain chicks from Sheri's eggs. They are the ones in the picture I posted. I also sell hatching eggs. When the girls aren't broody! LOL

What would you charge for a dozen or so eggs? I **usually** have an incubator full of paint eggs, but you know Silkies n when one goes broody, they all go..lol.. so looking for something fun to hatch for my daughter's 4H project.. haven't decided 100% on a breed/variety yet but getting there

What would you charge for a dozen or so eggs? I **usually** have an incubator full of paint eggs, but you know Silkies n when one goes broody, they all go..lol.. so looking for something fun to hatch for my daughter's 4H project.. haven't decided 100% on a breed/variety yet but getting there

Mine are all broody right now! I was able to get some eggs sent to New York last week, then they all started going broody. I charge $40.00 a dozen plus shipping.

I raise porcelain, Mille Fleur and mottled d'Anvers and they are perfect for 4Hers. Pigeon sized, docile and super friendly! Mix well with Silkies too. Mine are from Boggy Bottom Bantams.

I think I'm going to wait a bit before I add anymore. I have big plans on expanding my coop lol. I'd love to save your info though and maybe when I'm ready I could get in contact. Oroville is a bit of a drive but worth it to get what I want lol. Just not ready quite yet.. :)

Back
Top Bottom