Porcelain Silkies

Gorgeous babies. I have 9 porcelain eggs and a couple of lavender/buff splits that I am soooo excited to hatch. I would love to have porcelain, isabel, and lavender eggs next year for everyone.

If the porcelain eggs give me more than 2 roos, I'll be wanting to trade ;)

After everything I've read regarding the color of the porcelain vs isabel color saga, I don't even wanna say porcelain. (We) silkie people need to use a different name, it seems, rather than porcelain. The "lemon self blue" sounds right. "lemon lavender". What about simply "buff blue". And why are folks saying "mille fleur" as if it is a color. It is a breed. It makes it seem like the mille fleur breed has been crossed in the silkie for a hybrid and bred in lavender. But that's not the case at all.

From I understand, Isabel is one color like straw made by combining clear buff with lavender. The one people are calling porcelain is where darker lavender is on top of buff. Is this right?

Last edited:
What can I breed my Porcelain silkies all with? Can I use my Porcelain rooster on my 4 buff hens? If so what would happen? I have white, blues, black, splash in silkie colors to. Thank you really want to know.

Hello,
It seems I may have hatched a light porcelain (or maybe a cream) and a dark porcelain out of 11 eggs. I only have one porcelain hen that is now darker after a molt. I was told that she was a lavender cream porcelain when I got her last year. My roo is solid white. And I may have also hatched a silver partridge. I would get pics but am of course having problems right now with pain in shoulder and elbow on the opposite side. Just doing good right now to feed/fresh water/clean everyday. Also, trying to wean them out of the cage they have outgrown and not having much luck. Anyways, they are almost three months old and getting ready to sell but unsure of price. I know, I need pics. lol.
smile.png

I have a question about a 4 week old porcelain silkie I just bought. The coloring is very brassy but has lots of penciling to it. I was under the impression brassy=boy penciling=girl. So I'm feeling confused. So far comb says pullet but we all know that can change! Either one is fine. I've been wanting a porcelain roo but another pullet is always welcome :) Here are the pics:

Also will/could the brassiness tone down with age?

Back
Top Bottom