Portland, Oregon

Hello, I am just doing the recommended meet and greets. I am a very green, very new, quail guardian (for lack of a better word at the moment). Anyway I am loaded with tons of questions and hope to learn a lot from this site. Greetings to my fellow Pacific Northwesterners!

I'm going to jump right in here, hello! I'm in Beaverton, and now I'm starting to freak a bit. I've seen the law stating no chickens "within city limits" so....is that in the city proper? We are very suburban with lots of space between the houses. It's so confusing because the law says up to 4 hens but not the city...am I reading it right? I can have them? The Healing Ponds feed store here in Beaverton has tons of little peepers so I was confused lol

Also, thoughts on Naomis Organic feed store?? So happy I found local chicken obsessed people! Yay!

I love Naomi's! They are always so incredibly helpful; I can't stay out of that store, truth be told XD Looking forward to getting stuff for my birds from them.

I'm in Portland, OR, in the city and we are actually getting our first batch of ducklings this week! I am so incredibly stoked! I just wanted to say hello and chime in as another Portland Peep.

I love Naomi's! They are always so incredibly helpful; I can't stay out of that store, truth be told XD Looking forward to getting stuff for my birds from them.

I'm in Portland, OR, in the city and we are actually getting our first batch of ducklings this week! I am so incredibly stoked! I just wanted to say hello and chime in as another Portland Peep. 

It's an addictive place for sure! Also where are you? I'm trying to find someone who might want to chick sit :p

Just thought I would post a pic of my four babies :D

They're a week old and doing well! And yes, they DO make a huge mess! Since the weather is nice we are going to take them out for a supervised swim. They'll be hanging out in their brooder in my office for a bit and they make pretty nice officemates! I love listening to them drink! :D

Just thought I would post a pic of my four babies :D They're a week old and doing well! And yes, they DO make a huge mess! Since the weather is nice we are going to take them out for a supervised swim. They'll be hanging out in their brooder in my office for a bit and they make pretty nice officemates! I love listening to them drink! :D
Very cute!

Back
Top Bottom