Portraits of my White Chinese Geese and Ducks! **Pics**

Sparrow

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
I took these pictures of my Geese and some of my Ducks today, and I thought they turned out nicely!

My *I think he's a* gander named DaPengyou. His name means "Big Friend" in Mandarin Chinese. He is a total ham and loves to play games with me and his chew toys! He is also one of the trained duck-herders I mentioned earlier.
lol.png
He also loves to be petted and hugged, he is a big baby.

DaPengPortraitResize.jpg

And this is TanTan "chit-chat", the other trained duck-herder. I think she is a girl. She is very sweet and demure, and she loves to groom me when I pet her.
smile.png
When I am out in the yard, she is always right behind me chattering away. lol She does enjoy kicking the ducks out of the pond, though.
hmm.png

TanTanPortraitResize.jpg

And this is a pic of them doing their goosey thing. I know some people say this is anaggressive posture,but it really just seems to be a greeting ritual between us.
lol.png

DoubleGooseNeckStretchResize.jpg

Here are my oldest ducks right after they finished swimming. The Ancona and dark Khaki Campbell are my drakes Cinnamon and Truffle. The Blue Swedish(chocolate splash color) and Welsh Harlequin, Admiral and Sage, are two of my girls. They all have such different personalities and are a joy to have around!

DuckPackResize.jpg

Last edited:
Your birds are really pretty. Its so cool that your geese help you out with the ducks! I have some toulouse goslings and I hope they turn out like that.

How did you get your chinese so tame? I just got some they are about 3-4 months and I want them to be tame. Any suggestions? Thanks ahead!

Sarree

Aww thanks.
smile.png
I was hoping to portray their individual personalities in this thread, and I'm really glad to hear that!

As far as taming your geese...I just spent a lot of time with them everyday as they grew up. I got them when they were about a week or so old. I observed their interactions with each other, and the effect it had. I worked on conveying to them that I am "one of them", but as a parental figure. Just basic things make a big difference in the way they see you. Show them that you are gentle and will NEVER hurt them. Move slowly around them. Show them to do things like splash their bills in the waterer with your fingers, show them to eat their food by touching it with your fingers. Even though they know how to do this stuff, they love to be shown examples of what to do, It encourages them to see you as the "Leader". Buy them squishy rubber dog toys like a squeezy ball, rubber chickens, teething toys, anything they can manipulate they will love. Show them how to play. They are very, very smart and will learn quickly. Enjoy them!

Back
Top Bottom