Possibilty of Splitting the For sale section

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Flawedatdesign, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    What are the chances of breaking up the for sale sections. Keep the same hatch 1-8 week etc etc. But make 2 sub sections under each one for shipping and one for pick up only?

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Or have WILL DRIVE, PICK UP ONLY, or SHIPPED ONLY, PICK UP AND SHIPPING AVAILABLE, as a choice that the seller has to decide at the beginning in all categories... what's one more dropdown box? Then we could possibly talk them into allowing us to sort by shipping or pickup.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That would surely complicate it, IMO. Having to go check out all the assorted options instead of one tidy list. I don't mind reading the listings that interest me, no big deal.

What I think would be more useful is if the sellers would post their location and method of sale/delivery in the title of the listing.

4. FireTigeris

Quote:But a dropdown box is so teckie and then the forum software could sort...

[​IMG]

5. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:I remember when we did have that posted in the buy sell section. I think it was before the new system came into play. Still a good idea.

6. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    A great many of us also need to know if the seller is NPIP certified.

7. FireTigeris

Quote:Oh that only needs a check box (circle type)

NPIP (no), (Yes), (N/A) - where N/A is defaulted and used for 'other' auctions- cuz everyone is going to wash the apron or waterer before using... right?

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You can't sell in BSA unless you have a location in your profile.

As for shipping/pick up or whatever, the seller who wants more sales will take responsibility to make sure their title is descriptive.

9. FireTigeris

Quote:Well true but what about NPIP? So the system can sort by NPIP or not.

It's just I'd hate to miss out on a great deal because I didn't know shipping is available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by