Possible angel wing?

Silkiechicken66

Songster
6 Years
Jul 22, 2016
I’ve noticed my duckling has an outturned wing. Could it be angel wing? I thought it was caused by feeding bread or anything like that, but she’s never been fed anything like that. Could I perhaps wrap some stuff around it to keep it from growing outwards or just let it happen?

Attachments

• F5FB89C8-B349-4A08-BF4A-E488512F7D2E.jpeg
    F5FB89C8-B349-4A08-BF4A-E488512F7D2E.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 21
She will be fine, the sooner to wrap the better. Please post after pics. Good Luck. :)
It may cause her some slight discomfort as first, but it's paramount that the feathers be bandaged now, when they are pliable, if left to be a few weeks bandaging may prove futile.
Ok thank you! I’ll keep this updated.

May I ask what you're feeding her, what treats you've given her, and how much space she has to roam during the day?
•I’ve just been feeding her non medicated chick Food with brewers yeast for niacin
•she only gets occasional fresh fruit/veggies as treats
•she is in an inside pen that’s about 40sq ft but she’s only in there to sleep or when I have to run an errand. Rest of the time she’s outside in the yard with me. I’m working on transitioning her outside full time.

•I’ve just been feeding her non medicated chick Food with brewers yeast for niacin
•she only gets occasional fresh fruit/veggies as treats
•she is in an inside pen that’s about 40sq ft but she’s only in there to sleep or when I have to run an errand. Rest of the time she’s outside in the yard with me. I’m working on transitioning her outside full time.

What is the protein% of the feed?

Back
Top Bottom