oegrooroo

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 13, 2015
I have below me pictured a possible appenzeller spitzhauben pullet but not sure. Coloration and pattern looks likes Spitz, but the leg coloring and lack of “head feathers” leads me to questioning. I got her and 2 other polish in a Hoover Hatchery crested bird “special”. Anybody out there with any definitive answers? She’s going on 3 weeks in the picture.

Attachments

• 857F1D08-3B8C-4AFC-AC4F-C2CC544C15A1.jpeg
    857F1D08-3B8C-4AFC-AC4F-C2CC544C15A1.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 37
I have below me pictured a possible appenzeller spitzhauben pullet but not sure. Coloration and pattern looks likes Spitz, but the leg coloring and lack of “head feathers” leads me to questioning. I got her and 2 other polish in a Hoover Hatchery crested bird “special”. Anybody out there with any definitive answers? She’s going on 3 weeks in the picture.
Her feathering is definitely like a appenzeller spitzhauben but her crest is confusing me. Hoover hatchery gets breeds mixed up sometimes.

We had four about that age that came from a feed store. When we left, she said, be careful, they can be touchy. I didn't know what she meant so looked them up and they were not "touchy," yet they didn't make it. I think you're right though.

Her feathering is definitely like a appenzeller spitzhauben but her crest is confusing me. Hoover hatchery gets breeds mixed up sometimes.
The feathering screams Spitzhauben, but the lack of crest and leg color is not typical of the breed from what I’ve gathered. Maybe just a weak/mixed strain or something of that nature?

I need a comb picture but it looks like a Columbian Wyandotte
There’s not much of a comb to take a picture of, but looking at pictures of Columbian Wyandotte pullets, I definitely see the resemblance. It does seem like there are more black dots on my pullet more than CW pullets, though.

There’s not much of a comb to take a picture of, but looking at pictures of Columbian Wyandotte pullets, I definitely see the resemblance. It does seem like there are more black dots on my pullet more than CW pullets, though.
A comb picture is needed so I can determine comb type. Wyandottes have rose combs and it would have a flat appearance

Back
Top Bottom