Aug 15, 2022
Hi, so I want to preface by saying that I'm not normally a chicky person. A friend brought over farm fresh eggs but when I was making my breakfast yesterday one of the eggs was too fresh if you know what I mean.

I felt really bad about killing an egg that had a viable embryo in it and so I checked all the eggs and found a couple that seemed like they could have also been fertilized with a developing embryo. Of all the eggs there is one that I am 100% sure has something in it since I could see a vein and so I did my best to keep it warm by stuffing it in my bra until I got a heat lamp and a box with pine wood shaving chips.

I did more research and found out that a blood ring is an indicator of a quitter egg and so I rechecked the egg that I had been the most sure about and it does have a more pronounced ring of blood but it's incomplete. Further there's a giant mass in the egg that makes it really hard to see. I was wondering if you guys could help me figure this out.

ZVFOg0y.jpg

mOEcELH.jpg

These are both the pictures I was able to take. This chicken stuff is really hard, kudos to all of you and thanks for any help/answers.

I do have them in a box with the wood chips and a heat lamp. Is this not enough? :(

Also thanks, I wish I joined under more hobby and joyful reasons but you guys have an amazing looking site!
No, they need to have the appropriate and consistent heat (around 100 Fahrenheit or around 37.5 Celsius) and humidity. While these eggs may develop it is doubtful they will make it all the way to hatch. Sorry. 😞
A good incubator will give the eggs these conditions. Can you get a hold of one?

Back
Top Bottom