Possible cause of seizures and death?

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
my 5 year old polish hen was doing well this morning but suddenly at 12 she had a seizure and died soon after. i am not sure what might have caused this. i had one other hen with her which i guess needs a friend now. I am devastated since i hand raised these two chicks and they had been through a lot with me. Could there be a reason for the seizures? i was checking on them 15 mins after a big storm and i saw feathers everywhere and her twitching. what might have caused this? anyone had experiences like this?

Heart failure, poison exposure usually causes this type of symptoms. Some plants in your yard can be very toxic to chickens.
They live in a fenced in yard with no wild plants and they havent been out of the run for about 3 days from heavy rain. Although heart failure might be a reason.

i do change their food everyday and clean it out everyday. checked the food, no mold here. i kinda feel lost here not knowing what happened.
Same happend with my chicken your hen was lacking vitamin b complex and that caused a tumor in your chicken's neck, In pain your chicken did seizure like movements. Im sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom