cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I hope this post does not get deleted. I want to warn anyone who uses craigslist to be very careful. Someone has gotten my craigslist account information and has been posting things for sale under my account. I do not have these items. I have had e-mails inquiring about the items that I susposedly have for sale. I did NOT post the items for sale. I don't even own the items that were posted. Also, I received some e-mails asking me to update my account information. When I reply to the e-mail address the message originated from, they are returned to me as undeliverable. I have tried to contact craigslist and have not received any responses, so BEWARE!!!I have talked to other people who have had this happen too.

I just want everyone who uses craigslist to be aware. I'm not trying to be a radical. Many BYC members who host swaps and events, advertise on Craigslist and do not have any problems. Just be cautious...

Last edited:
Thank you for the warning!! It's nice to be reminded once in a while that there's a lot of jerks out there
sad.png

First thing to do is try to cancel your CL account, and notify potential buyers of what's happened. Don't respond to any of the emails wanting account info, ignoring them means a dead end and the jerks will move on.

If you can't cancel your account right away,

Change your password right now. That will stop future actions on your good name.

Then be very polite and very persistent with CL about the hack. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Really sorry this happened to you, I do a fair amount of business on CL and it can be scary as all get-out. I change my password weekly now. Hope it gets resolved for you.

ETA, ebay isn't immune to this crap either- a friend of mine was very surprised to find out he had a Jaguar XKE for sale! (he drives a 10 year old Honda)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom