possible crossbreed silkie and ringneck pheasant

TGeysen

In the Brooder
May 11, 2020
Hello, I've got ringnecks pheasants and silkies in the same coop. A couple months ago, some of the silkies eggs hatched. But the offspring doesn't look like normal silkies to me. Does anybody perhaps now if they are crossbreed between the silkies and ringnecks? I suspect they are crossbreed because the missing of a comb, the pattern of the feathers that is simular to the one from the ringnecks and because the 5th toe isn't fully developed. Thanks in advance!

1606317918463.png

1606317956800.png

1606317977638.png

1606318002182.png

1606318027418.png

While it is not impossible for pheasants and chickens to reproduce, this little bird has silkie feathers, which is a recessive trait. IF you were to get chicks from a mating, the feathers would be smooth and not silkied. 😊

While it is not impossible for pheasants and chickens to reproduce, this little bird has silkie feathers, which is a recessive trait. IF you were to get chicks from a mating, the feathers would be smooth and not silkied. 😊
Thanks! But could you maybe explain why the comb is so flat/missing? I think ti's really strange, maybe there's something wrong with them or maybe they are just slow growers?

Thanks! But could you maybe explain why the comb is so flat/missing? I think ti's really strange, maybe there's something wrong with them or maybe they are just slow growers?
likely just slow growers as you state. If they are otherwise healthy and eating and drinking fine and acting normally I would not worry about it.😊

Back
Top Bottom