Possible Gapeworm

Hi, I am having a chicken with similar problems. I have some Ivermectin, but it's the paste that is given orally to horses. I haven't seen anything about giving Ivermectin to chicken orally. Would you happen to know anything about that?
Hi yea luckily mine was not Gapeworm a vet checked her for me and it was respiratory but he had told me you can give but depends on chickens weight, size, and age. But in my case are you sure it is Gapeworm and not possibly respiratory infection. What he told me to make sure is use a q tip n swab the chickens throat you will see red worms.

Hi yea luckily mine was not Gapeworm a vet checked her for me and it was respiratory but he had told me you can give but depends on chickens weight, size, and age. But in my case are you sure it is Gapeworm and not possibly respiratory infection. What he told me to make sure is use a q tip n swab the chickens throat you will see red worms.
Did you have to treat for the respiratory infection? how is she doing?

Did you have to treat for the respiratory infection? how is she doing?
Yes they gave her some medication not for respiratory unfortunately but she is doing waaay better they gave her a 3 day period on living today is day three and she seems way better then she was so I’m hoping we are in the clear.

Back
Top Bottom