possible mutt?

the lady i got her from said orphington but all her chickens are together so im sure there is bound to be crossing with breeds! i was thinking maybe brahma? she had a few of those running around?

Since she has clean legs that are not yellow and what looks to be a single comb, this bird is not showing any characteristics of being a brahma or brahma mix (they are yellow legged, pea combed and feather legged).
I would classify her as a likely Orpington mix. What breeds did the person you sourced her from have? If you don't know breeds maybe you can describe them? It is possible, for example, that what she has is a flock of mixed color varieties of orpingtons which would mean that this bird is an orpington, just not a pure color variety.

Last edited:
i know pretty much nothing about breeds but her listing says assorted chicks buff orphington
silver brahma
crested polish
cuckoo maran
sultans
golden cochin
easter eggers
and bantams all available

Last edited:
i know pretty much nothing about breeds but her listing says assorted chicks buff orphington
silver brahma
crested polish
cuckoo maran
sultans
golden cochin
easter eggers
and bantams all available

Well, that is a head scratcher as none of those breeds would seem to fit the bird pictured. When you went to get your bird(s) did she say whether these were chicks she hatched from her own stock or were they chicks she had ordered from a hatchery and was re-selling?

this is my second time buying chick from her as she has them at all stages pretty frequently the last group i bought was supposed to be her crested polish but i was told they are polish silkies cause have 5 toes and feathered legs and feet.. so the chances are extremly high that all these chicks are mixed! no biggie they are all still my little lovelies!!

all of her chickens are theirs and bred from their chickens as they are as self sufficient as they can be.. they let the roos run the propert on the farm and the hens have the coops at night but have plenty time during day for mating..

Back
Top Bottom