possible prolapsed vent

Soaked her again today and got more brave and pushed it back in! I wasn't sure where to push and was nervous but once I found the right spot it went right in! It still looks a little swollen so hopefully it stays! Should I still feel for an egg? Thank you for your help and tips!

Yay! You did good!
hugs.gif

You probably would have felt an egg when you pushed it back in.
Keep putting on a bit of hemorrhoid cream so it will help reduce the swelling. Hopefully the prolapse will stay in place. Once she is better and you put her back with the flock just keep an eye on her occasionally, it's possible that it could happen again.
Keep us updated. Hope she continues to do well!

I saw the oviduct inside the vent of my chicken. Completely inside, a small reddish bump. Seeing the reddish lump surprised me, so I went searching for what it was. But our chickens have been molting since about Thanksgiving, so I'm wondering, does this mean she's coming out of her molt? We saw something similar in another chicken, only the lump wasn't reddish, it was a pale flesh tone. Her comb seems to be reddening as well.
Or is this the sign of early prolapse?

I saw the oviduct inside the vent of my chicken. Completely inside, a small reddish bump. Seeing the reddish lump surprised me, so I went searching for what it was. But our chickens have been molting since about Thanksgiving, so I'm wondering, does this mean she's coming out of her molt? We saw something similar in another chicken, only the lump wasn't reddish, it was a pale flesh tone. Her comb seems to be reddening as well.
Or is this the sign of early prolapse?

Quote:
If it's what I'm thinking it is that is a normal thing right inside a hens vent you won't see it on roosters though
I would think it is normal. Its just the lining of of her vent.

Back
Top Bottom