Possible punctured crop + possible broken leg (?)

Respectfully, I am fully aware that she's in shock. Sadly, I don't have any Gatorade or baking soda on hand at this moment.
I'm not certain if it's her crop or not, my mom said that it most likely is the crop and I believed she was right since she's had more experience with them. I've looked up how to tell, with it not being an open wound but I've not been able to find anything useful. I'll still need to wait for my mom to get home before I can listen for any popping noise in her leg.
Have you given her any sugar water (water that's mixed with sugar) or electrolytes?

Welcome to BYC. Can you clean it off and post pictures of the wound without the medication?
In a previous comment, I mentioned that I would need to wait before I can clean the wound. She may currently be calm from the shock but she still dislikes being handled to a certain extent. I will post pictures of the clean wound when I am able to have the help to clean it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_173411339.jpg
    IMG_20240125_173411339.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 12
Thank you for posting this. It looks like her skin is badly torn and I can see what you mean by punctured. What are you using to clean it?
The Pink Lady medicine we used had seemed to be oil based so we had to use Dawn soap to clean it away. But we also used this (picture shown)

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_201606772.jpg
    IMG_20240125_201606772.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 9
The Pink Lady medicine we used had seemed to be oil based so we had to use Dawn soap to clean it away. But we also used this (picture shown)
I don't suggest using Dawn dish soap to clean it. The stuff in the picture looks pretty good. I would use only that to clean instead. Could you please post a picture of what's in it though?

I don't suggest using Dawn dish soap to clean it. The stuff in the picture looks pretty good. I would use only that to clean instead. Could you please post a picture of what's in it though?
I apologize for not having thought of getting a picture of whats in it, normally when we have coop attacks, there's never any survivers so trying to take care of them in this way is new to me

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_202458088.jpg
    IMG_20240125_202458088.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 10
I apologize for not having thought of getting a picture of whats in it, normally when we have coop attacks, there's never any survivers so trying to take care of them in this way is new to me
That's alright. I haven't seen that stuff before, so that's why I asked. I would continue using that to clean her wounds as the directions say.

How has she been eating today and how is her leg?

Back
Top Bottom