possible respiratory infection?

okiemamachick

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 11, 2015
Oklahoma
Hello I have one hen that keeps sneezing it was very infrequent at first but today when I was out there she did it several times so I took out their nipple waterer and mixed up a Gallon of oxytetracycline (2-1/2 Tbs. Per gallon) in a one gallon bucket and made that their only water available. Could be allergies? I just treated them for suspected mites with pour on ivermectin and dusting with permethrin as well as spraying thr coop with the liquid version of seven dust about 4 days ago. Could this have anything to follow with it? She was sneezing befor but now she's sneezing and sounds raspy when breathing. What else should I be doing?

How old are your chickens, and have you added any new birds recently that could have been a carrier for a respiratory disease such as infectious bronchitis, MG, coryza, or ILT? Oxytetracycline may help treat symptoms if she drinks enough of the medicated water. Your flock can still become carriers of whatever disease she has. Here is a good link to read on the symptoms of common diseases: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

I have one that keeps sneezing and now her eye has closed up and looks foamy... Iseperated her from the rest, i was told it was respiratory infection and could spread not sure what to do about it.

Follow the link above it mentions those symptoms. My hens doesn't have any eye issues as of yet so it's hard for me to pin down.

Back
Top Bottom