Possible sick baby quail?? Help please!

finneasW

Chirping
Aug 15, 2021
My baby quail was tiny and weak the moment i got him. (bought him and his sister from wilco) i was scared he wasn’t going to make it but he got stronger day by day and started growing very slowly. he has always been smaller than his sister and has noticeably messier feathers than her. I believe they’re both around a week and a half. maybe 2 weeks. i’m worried he’s sick. he also is a lot lazier than her and sleeps more. any tips? is this normal or is he sick? :(

The fact that your chick was tiny and weak from the time you got him tells me that there's something wrong. At this age, it's likely to be something genetic or internal. If it survives, great, but if not, don't blame yourself.

The fact that your chick was tiny and weak from the time you got him tells me that there's something wrong. At this age, it's likely to be something genetic or internal. If it survives, great, but if not, don't blame yourself.
kind of an update: he seems stronger and is growing more everyday. so i think its something else. but thank you for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom