The chicken nurd

Songster
Apr 4, 2021
Possibly sick bird or maybe just molting any ideas
i got her a couple days ago from someone who needed to rehome her with a couple of other hens the person I got her from said she was just molting which is probably right but I figured I’d ask people on here who have more experience with sick birds then I do
All the other birds I got are active and healthy except her, she seems lethargic (less active, tired, etc) although she is still eating and drinking
is she just molting or is she sick?

Attachments

• 5A496C2B-254F-4879-B68A-035570ABBD4C.jpeg
    5A496C2B-254F-4879-B68A-035570ABBD4C.jpeg
    712 KB · Views: 19
  • 7DE4DB97-8ABD-40E4-A57A-6640D756A3D0.jpeg
    7DE4DB97-8ABD-40E4-A57A-6640D756A3D0.jpeg
    694.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Has she had her comb removed, or has it been frostbitten. Are you in a cold area? The white chaulky material looks like it could be a fungal skin infection called favus. I would get some miconazole cream from your drug store and smear it on her head rubbing it in, and be sure to use gloves. If it is not treated it can progress to the feathered parts of the body, as in this picture:
1675653511754.jpeg

i got her a couple days ago from someone who needed to rehome her with a couple of other hens the person I got her from said she was just molting which is probably right but I figured I’d ask people on here who have more experience with sick birds then I do
All the other birds I got are active and healthy except her, she seems lethargic (less active, tired, etc) although she is still eating and drinking
Maybe try this?

Maybe try this? Soak her in warm water with Epsom Salts for 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom