Possible Slipped Tendon

Maybe @DylansMom will comment here, she's had some experience treating a variety of leg issues.

-Kathy

I really can't tell what is going on from that picture. At 4 days it wouldn't be a twisted tibia unless the chick suffered some kind of trauma to the leg. I've only ever seen one slipped tendon in person and that leg was just limp and dragged behind the chick. Puts me in mind of Q8's peachick that was posted a while back, but there was a sore on the hock of that one. Does it move the leg at all?

Oh yes she can move the leg and there is a "sore" on the hock, like a raw spot where she has been putting pressure on it. I can feel what seems the be the tendon on the inside of the leg then I straighten the leg out as if she were stretching it and it seems like it goes back in place, behind the hock joint, but I don't feel it. So I taped the leg once the tendon was back in place (so I think and hope) so now she has a peg leg but is getting around a lot faster and for some reason my email is still trying to send the video :-(

Back
Top Bottom