Possible stargazing syndrome/other?

I would say after that long give the vitamins a break. If it gets worse then start them up again. Did you have her on vitamin e? I know it’s in the poultry cell but a concentrated amount never hurt.

i had a hen start this at 5 months and no matter how many vitamins didn’t stop it can be something with the inner ear or in my case she had brain damage hopefully she gets better have you tried selenium helps them process the vitamin E

I would say after that long give the vitamins a break. If it gets worse then start them up again. Did you have her on vitamin e? I know it’s in the poultry cell but a concentrated amount never hurt.
Ok...thanks...I will finish up what I have, not that much, and stop for a while. I do have the vitamin E paste but haven't been able to get into her but I am trying to at least get a little bit into her... She's really the only skittish one that I have of course lol

i had a hen start this at 5 months and no matter how many vitamins didn’t stop it can be something with the inner ear or in my case she had brain damage hopefully she gets better have you tried selenium helps them process the vitamin E
I do have the selenium paste, I am trying to get her to take it...she is a tough cookie and I don't want to stress her out. I will try again this week. Thank you!

Ok...thanks...I will finish up what I have, not that much, and stop for a while. I do have the vitamin E paste but haven't been able to get into her but I am trying to at least get a little bit into her... She's really the only skittish one that I have of course lol
I found that putting the paste into some moist food works. My showgirl Snuggle hated the stuff until I added it to food.

Stargazing is caused by a thiamine deficiency, vitamin B1. I recommend crushing a few vitamin B1 tablets into powder and sprinkle it on the chicks feed as a top dressing for her to eat or mix it in her feed.

I just took the chick feed and moistened it. The chicks really seem to love their food wet. The chick feed I use is the purina medicated start and grow. But I think any chick feed would work.
Ok...thank you! Will give it a try!!

Back
Top Bottom