Possible twisted tibia? 4 week old chick with twisted leg

Sounds like you're doing a good job so far, but I might try to keep her leg taped for a bit longer than just at night, it might speed up her healing process...

Ooh ok, I wondered about that. As she seems so calm when taped up (as long as one of the others doesn’t just walk over her 🙈) I may do a day time stint with her too. I do worry that the thrashing she occasionally does whilst taped may damage her wings tho :-/

That’s good to hear! We are already discussing ‘disabled access’ in their new coop (they’re very much outgrowing their current baby one), and any advice on the best non slip flooring would be good- her leg slips put from under her on basically every type of floor.

Yes she has always had a dodgy leg. I just wish WISH i had come across this twisted tibia thing two weeks ago as I think we could have cured it them with this technique but now she is much worse than then. Here is a v short YouTube clip of her wonky limp:
Looks like she is moving around just fine! I wouldn't be too worried. She's a trooper! Chickens are way stronger than you may think. One of my special needs (she's partially blind) overcame two serious infections back-to-back and is now doing really well.

That’s good to hear! We are already discussing ‘disabled access’ in their new coop (they’re very much outgrowing their current baby one), and any advice on the best non slip flooring would be good- her leg slips put from under her on basically every type of floor.

Yes she has always had a dodgy leg. I just wish WISH i had come across this twisted tibia thing two weeks ago as I think we could have cured it them with this technique but now she is much worse than then. Here is a v short YouTube clip of her wonky limp:
well it's good to see her moving around and acting normal!

Back
Top Bottom