Possible Wry neck??

I too would soak the feed overnight or ferment it. Loose type feeds that aren't pelleted seem to give some folks troubles because the birds pick out pieces they like and leave the rest.
I don't ferment, but I do soak feed (pellets) overnight. In winter I put out small amounts of soaked feed that can be consumed fairly quickly, the birds also have dry feed available free choice, so not really a big deal.
Ok. I will try that..I just have no idea how much they will actually eat and how much I will need to soak. I guess it's a learn as I go thing.

Do they tend to waste less feed if it's in pellet form?

Oh, and how long do you soak it for?

Ok. I will try that..I just have no idea how much they will actually eat and how much I will need to soak. I guess it's a learn as I go thing.

Do they tend to waste less feed if it's in pellet form?

Oh, and how long do you soak it for?
Disregard the question of how long to soak it for. It was obviously too early in the morning when I read this. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Though I did just take a dish of their feed this morning and added warm water to it and a bit of chopped garlic and a drizzle of sunflower oil (since it's high in vitamin E). And they are loving it and not throwing it around at all.. So it's a lot better already. 😁

Disregard the question of how long to soak it for. It was obviously too early in the morning when I read this. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Though I did just take a dish of their feed this morning and added warm water to it and a bit of chopped garlic and a drizzle of sunflower oil (since it's high in vitamin E). And they are loving it and not throwing it around at all.. So it's a lot better already. 😁
:lol: Sounds good!
Most chickens seem to like wet feed. I have a couple of roosters that aren't keen about it, so they get dry feed in their pen.

Back
Top Bottom