Possibly aggressive cockerel?

Have fun and stay safe!

How long have you waited until collecting the hatching eggs after separating the hens and adding the selected rooster?

It should have been at least 4 weeks after separating them, to make sure the eggs would be fertilized by the selected rooster only.
So what happened was, she wasn't in laying mood yet when I separated. It took her like 3 weeks to start mating and sometime to lay her first egg. I am sure the father is the one I selected, and the other naked neck chick's mum is a naked neck so makes sense. But not really sure how they turned out black as both were white mums. But I will follow your advice the next time, thank you so much!

I got their pics! They are so pretty! Please I think I have seen the breed of the red one before but cant put my head around it. What can it be!!!!
Screenshot_20210717_170929.jpg

I really dont know how but their mum just passed away. This always happens to me. I hatch eggs and their mum dies. Doctor said its for old age. I dont think so, but I cant pinpoint either. Either way, I have kept them with me in a rather shaky condition. I will try my best to fix it. I have another thread for this called 'My journey!' so if you want to keep up with my daily misfortunes, you can see it there guys. Keep praying for my little babies☹️

I really dont know how but their mum just passed away. This always happens to me. I hatch eggs and their mum dies. Doctor said its for old age. I dont think so, but I cant pinpoint either. Either way, I have kept them with me in a rather shaky condition. I will try my best to fix it. I have another thread for this called 'My journey!' so if you want to keep up with my daily misfortunes, you can see it there guys. Keep praying for my little babies☹️
Hang in there and enjoy the chicks. Keep reading and learning about chickens , by observation as well. I have you in my prayers this morning. Best wishes for your success and happiness!

Back
Top Bottom