Possibly Egg Bound. Unsure. Please help.

mochicmama

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2016
Kind of an emergency. I am new to chickens as of this year so I am learning a lot as I go. I fear I have an egg bound chicken. If I am correct she is my chicken who lays a lot of large double yolkers. She has been in the nesting box for three days. I thought she had went broody on me but no eggs. I brought her in today and did an internal exam on her vent and I could not feel an egg. She did have a huge poop that stank to high heaven. She is swollen in her bottom hind quarters. Like below her vent. I have soaked her, rubbed her with preparation h, and I mixed some yogurt and tums and force fed it to her with a syringe. After force feeding her the yogurt and tums she had another large stinky poop (pics below). I am at a loss and I don't want her to suffer. Please help. No vet close.

Kind of an emergency. I am new to chickens as of this year so I am learning a lot as I go. I fear I have an egg bound chicken. If I am correct she is my chicken who lays a lot of large double yolkers. She has been in the nesting box for three days. I thought she had went broody on me but no eggs. I brought her in today and did an internal exam on her vent and I could not feel an egg. She did have a huge poop that stank to high heaven. She is swollen in her bottom hind quarters. Like below her vent. I have soaked her, rubbed her with preparation h, and I mixed some yogurt and tums and force fed it to her with a syringe. After force feeding her the yogurt and tums she had another large stinky poop (pics below). I am at a loss and I don't want her to suffer. Please help. No vet close.
Please send pics, Doesn't sound egg bound but could be something else, pics would be very helpful.

Is she swelled and squooshy between the legs? Is there any blood in her poop? How's her crop, is it empty or full? can she walk at all or just want to lay down? How's her breathing? Is she showing any signs of sickness? Can she hold herself up at all?

Yes about the swelled and squishy between the legs. She's not currently eating. She's pretty lethargic. Her breathing is fine. Her poop is rank and she pooped a very large amount after I checked her vent. Smelled old.

Here is her back end and how she is laying. I have her quarantined with heat and on a heating pad. She has not ate or drank anything.

Back
Top Bottom