Possum?! 0.0

Louieandthecrew

I am actually a female!
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
God placed me in this world
So, last night there was a possum on the back porch! Luckily, I am not in the same location that I have chickens in (long story that isn't necisarry) but I was still shocked! At first I thought it was young, but once I saw it: yeah, it was full grown. It ran out and sat on the porch railing for almost an hour
th.gif
Rabies? I think soooo!
hide.gif
hu.gif

But, hopefully we won't see it again
wink.png

Not likely but don't try to pet it just in case. Sounds like normal possum behavior. Do y'all feed your pets on the porch or have a garbage can out there? If so that could be attracting it.

Quote:
No, nothing on the porch besides the grill (that we haven't used this week). But, the neighbors have a trashcan back on their's that something's been getting into. I'm guessing that was it.

Nick - Haha!If only...
roll.png

Possums do not contract rabies.

Our one dog chased one to the backdoor last summer, and it laid on its side eyes closed - drooling on the ground
we were convinced it was dead...nope! "playing possum" it got up about 20 minutes later and left......slowly....

very strange creatures....

I catch them and take them away and release them. If it sat on the fence for an hour you could easly catch it. They are pretty dumb. If you walk up to them they simply freeze and you can do whatever you want to them.

Back
Top Bottom