possum in the silkie house

mhaines4102

Songster
11 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Stroud, Oklahoma
I heard the silkies making noise about 15 minutes ago, I go outside and they are freaking out. Then as I approach I see a possum's ugly snout sticking out of the house door. I grabbed a square nose shovel, trapped his head on the ground for a while, picked him up with the shovel, threw him in the yard and brained him. If I could have, I would have brought him back, and brained him again. All silkies are accounted for, I found him before he could kill them, but there are feathers everywhere. stupid possum. I think I'll go hit him again.

I just thank the Lord I was up. I almost went to bed about 30 minutes ago.

Last edited:
Good for you! I beat on one the other day for awhile and he still ran off.
lau.gif
My son was angry with me for letting it get away.

Very nice to hear about the occasion when someone wins one against the predators. Good tip about keeping a metal shovel handy. I've had a square metal shovel and an ice scraper just out the door all winter, but maybe I should continue that practice into the summer.

My brother's dog went after a possum once and dragged the carcass up to the house. My brother didn't want it rotting in the yard so he decided to bury it. He dug the hole and picked up the possum to put in the grave, and the thing came back to life and started climbing up the shovel handle! Despite the beating the dog had given it, he was just playing possum and wasn't quite ready to be buried.

Back
Top Bottom