Possum Pie Recipe

pop.gif

Got to craven something sweet last night, and I Knew just what I wanted.....cornflakes delights! Simple, quick, and had all ingredients in pantry...
Cornflake Delights

1 cup sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter (prefer crunchy, smooth ok)
6 cups cornflakes

Melt sugar & syrup in saucepan, boil until clear.
Remove from heat. Mix all ingredients in. Stir well.
Drop onto wax paper, let harden....enjoy! (Photo is a picture of all we had left!)
recipe002Small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple dumplings:

Per dumpling,

1 apple--Northern Spy or some good baking variety, cored and the top 1/3 peeled
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
real maple syrup
tiny sprinkle salt
raisins or walnuts or both

1/3 of a good pie crust recipe. Or cheat and use defrosted puff pastry dough.

Put a rolled-out triangle of piecrust in a big muffin cup or on a pie pan. Set the apple in the middle of the triangle, then put the ginger, syrup, raisins, sprinkle salt in the middle. Fold the ends of the triangle over the top of the apple and brush with beaten egg to make it stick. If you want you can sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar, but that part is optional. Make as many as you think you can eat, times two, and bake at 375 until nicely browned and the syrup and apple juice are oozing out. Or until the husband says, "What are you making, I could smell it upstairs?" Whichever comes first.

Whip in a separate bowl:
1/4 c. Real whipping cream
1/4 ricotta cheese
1 tsp. cinnamon
fresh grated nutmeg
2 tbsp. (or more, to taste) powdered sugar

till fluffy. Dollop generously on baked dumplings. For grownup apple dumplings, feel free to add a splash of Calvados, rum, Frangelico...You know, taste-test until you get it right...

Quote:
Glad to hear it! It is my husbands favorite next to coconut pie...they are about even...will post the coconut pie, with homemade crust in the morning.
frow.gif

Buttermilk Pie

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup biscuit mix
5 1/3 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs

Prehead oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie pan.

Blend all ingredients in a bowl for 1 minute. Pour mixture into pie pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Lemon/Lime Daiquiri Layerd Dessert (you can choose either)

2 Cups lemon or lime sherbert, softened
1 (8 oz) container cream cheese
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
1 (8 oz) tub cool whip, thawed

Line 9X5 inch loaf pan w/foil. Spoon sherbert into pan and spread to form even layer in bottom of pan. Freeze 10 min.

Beat cream cheese w/wire wisk unitl creamy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and lemon or lime juice, beating until well blended. Stir in whipped topping and spread mixture over sherbert in pan.

Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight.

Grandma's Praline Sticky Buns

***DOUGH***
Place dough ingredients into bread machine in the order that they're listed. Select the dough cycle and press start.

1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg
1/2 cup warm milk
1/2 cup warm water
3 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons yeast
2 rounded tablespoons of Vital Wheat Gluten (sold in the grocery store with the flour)
(Once opened Vital Wheat Gluten should be kept in the freezer to stay fresh.)

***FILLING***
Mix ingredients together.

1/4 cup butter; melted
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1 tablespoon cinnamon

***STICKY TOPPING***
Mix ingredients together and spread evenly in the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking pan or two 9 inch round pans.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup butter; melted
2 tablespoons light corn syrup

***Preheat Oven To 375°***

When bread machine has finished it's dough cycle, remove the dough from the pan and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat to 12x9 rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle filling evenly over dough.

Roll up tightly jelly roll style; pinching the edge to seal. Cut into 12 slices and place them in your prepared pan; or cut into 9 slices and throw away the two end pieces and place in two 9 inch round pans. Cover and let rise until almost double in volume, (about 30 minutes). Bake 20-25 minutes. Carefully turn out rolls and serve.

PralineStickyBuns005.jpg

PralineStickyBuns003.jpg

uhmmmm.....all these look so good! We love breads, rolls, pies, pastries....
tongue.png

Cream Pie

1/2 cup sugar
3 tblsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 c milk (evaporated milk is really rich!)
3 egg yolks beaten
1 tblsp butter
1 tsp vanilla

Bake pie crust. In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in milk. Cook over medium/low heat until slightly thickens..add a little hot mixture to bowl of eggs, stir, then pour all of it into the hot mixture. Cook until thickened (about 2 minutes) Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into pie shell.

**NOTE** When making this a cocunut pie I add 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut to the mixture once it thickens. I also drop some coconut on top of my meringue.
When making Lemon Pie I add 1/4 cup lemon juice and an extra tsp of cornstarch.

Meringue

3 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, add in sugar. Mix till stiff. Dollop onto pie smooth, then pluck to form peaks.

Bake at 425* till meringue is lightly brown on peaks.

Easy Pie Crust

2 cups WR self rising flour
1 tsp salt

-stir-
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup ice water

Stir with a fork. Add water until you get the right consistancy. Roll out thin. Shape, and drop onto pie plate, poke with fork, shape edges (I cover my edges with foil when Having to bake for extended periods of time.) Add pie, and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I have made cakes this this and they are so scrumptious without all of the guilt. I also made this kind of cake with my preschool class as a science project, a project we could eat!
But to stretch this even further I was told that you can throw some frozen berries in the bottom of the pan and pour the batter over them to make a sort of cobbler. YUM!!

Back
Top Bottom