Possum... yikes!

My uncle is getting his back tomorrow... then we are gonna do some trappin" He wasn't around tonight either.. not sure if we will catch him or not, but at least I will know he is gone. I heard they are easy to trap....

Opossums aren't so bad. Nuisance, yes, but otherwise just nature's stupid animal. Grab it by the tail and send it rolling. Most opossums are just on a constant search for food. Keep your grains, all animal feed, etc. covered. I trap nuisance animals for a living, and have only had one that was aggressive. Also, they don't seem to carry rabies, something about their body temp is too low. EEE on the other hand is common, keep them out of horse hay, barns etc.
Here's a pretty albino one I caught on a skunk service.

a couple of winters ago, our dog scared one, and it played dead in our front yard. It was bitter cold and snowing. My daughter, about 18 at the time, felt sorry for it lying out there,
and covered it up with a towel. A few hours later it was still lying out there covered up with the towel...finally we realized, it was still playing "dead" because of the towel! Took the towel off,
and minutes later it was gone.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom