Post a pic of your UGLIEST bird!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DuckLady, Sep 18, 2007.

1. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
  2. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] I dont have any ugly babys!!

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Now I kinda wish I had ordered at least one "only a mother could love" breed! Maybe one of my Buff Orps will have a monumental moult. Something to hope for!

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If I had gotten a pic of my terrible molting roo battered hen after the rain I would have posted that... now if she was a molting roo battered show girl with a crossbeak... that would take the cake!

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I've sure got some good pics for THIS contest! I have a few adolescent polish and sultan, and my god they sure go through the WORST ugly stage I've ever seen!
    [​IMG]

I don't think this hen is ugly, in fact I think she's pretty! She has blue grey fethers on her rump, and her wings are speckled with amber color, and her chest is bronze, her muff is like mink colored, and the feathers on her neck are brown with yellow lining. I think she's the COOLEST looking chicken ever. She's a mix, looks like some faverolle in her, but everyone else thinks she's hideous.
    [​IMG]
    In the picture she was in the Marin County fair (she won Overal best utility) and when i was making my rounds feeding and watering all the chickens during the second day, these 10 year old girls were looking at her and i heard one say 'ew thats the ugliest chicken ever!' now, I live in Marin County, California, so these girls were 10 and wearing really slutty outfits and were really spoiled, so i brushed by the girl that said that, opened Noodle's cage and said 'I think you are the most hideous person ever!' Muahahaha. I was still 17 at the time, so w/e. She was horrified and ran away.

6. SimplcitiyAltered

SimplcitiyAltered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Grand Ridge, Iillinois
    A lot of people think Melbourne is ugly..

[​IMG]

shows what they know I think he is beautiful...

[​IMG]

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Our Bantam Mottled Cochins looking pretty scary at 6 weeks old...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Here's my Turk [​IMG] The first Turken I ever owned. He hatched from a blue egg, thought I was getting EE's... I had to give him away though.. he was too rough with my hens [​IMG] I did get a daughter from him, my Peeps.
    Everyone that saw him thought he was ugly & was a turkey [​IMG]
    Some of yall may remember the pic of my Buffs on a log by the bayou,well he was the reason they were up there. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    [​IMG] OMG Dawn, that little bantam mottled cochin in the first picture looks like it was rescued from an accident! Still cute though!

10. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Quote:[​IMG]

That was his first day outside, enjoying the sun. We named him Motley because he always looked rough like that. Here's a pic of him at 17 weeks...

[​IMG]

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by