Post a pic of your UGLIEST bird!

Boy he grew up nice looking didn't he?

Don't you love it when someone looks at your pet when it's in a rough adolescent stage and they feel compelled to question you? Like "How long has he been like that?" or "Is he getting enough to eat?" or "Are they supposed to look like that?" or "What happened to him?" You explain, and they think, "Sure, whatever." and leave convinced that you are the worst caregiver ever.
he.gif

haha! Dawn 419's Cochin! Wonder if it is the breed. we have a mottled cochin banty, and she looked exactly like that! We called her the Bag Lady! A very rough adolescence! The other 4 never had that phase- But she was just adorable because of it-"just out of bed" look!

Phengel

Just because you're not the prettiest bird in the flock doesn't mean I love you any less...
tongue.png
For some reason this guy is just weird looking to me...

Silkie/JapX
100_2773.jpg

Quote:
Phengel,

I'm glad you posted! I'm not alone!!!
gig.gif
We have 5 of them and the other 4 never had a feather out of place as opposed to poor ole Motley!

Peanut is our beauty. She's part Cochin.

Sunshine was about 4-5 weeks old in this picture. He was a buff Brahma.

of course now he's a real beauty. I posted a recent picture under Me and my Chicken family/Ain't he a looker

Last edited:
So here is my roo abused molting silkie girl... she has the weirdest molting pattern... it started at her head and now is gong to her non existent tail!!! She looks terrible...
th.gif

bad%20moult.jpg

When she's done she should look like this again:
silkie%20girl%20before.jpg

And here's the cross beak. It's beak is literally at a 90 deg angle! S/He'll go the way of the rooster in a few weeks.

crossbeak.jpg

Quote:
That's what what I was I thinking until...

dddffddd001.jpg

Penny my EE
I can't really say she's ugly because she's not.
This is just an ugly picture I got. (We labeled it "crazychicken".)

Here's little Mabel, sure to grow up to be a swan...

c5401rAq-0rsWqt6vrJ2K4OkjGvGivx*Hka3v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

c5401rAq-0rsWqt6vrJ2K4OkjBayJKSTBiPbv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

She's my Silkie/Americana mix from the other "fugly" thread. LOL Nice to see the other uglies on here have a beautiful side (especially those cochins...)

edited to add: not sure why the pic isn't showing... trying to get it fixed right now..

-Meghan

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom