Post all your baby chick pics here!!!

Pics
An unusual cross I think! Serama cockerel x bantam Modern Game. Chick aged 10 days. Goodness knows what will turn out! Ping-pong ball for size…it’s still tiny 😆
E3F57D14-FD43-4C73-9472-CC62FA6E1F26.jpeg
8D1B84F3-3C00-410D-B0B8-B41BA41FBAC4.jpeg

Oh that is the sweetest! So you’re not going to keep her? You hatch her for your coworker? She’s super super cute I love her little snowball man!!!
Unfortunately I’m in rented townhome that backs up to the “dog park” (a very small fenced in area). We have a 3x5’ slab of concrete for our ‘patio’ so as much as I want to kee all the babies I hatch, my coworker has a beautiful little haven for his flock. I hunk they’re up to .. 8 coops? 4-8 in each. So she will live a wonderful life there.
I got into this because I have adhd and was far too curious. Hatched an “egglands best” egg but did basically everything wrong and the poor baby only made it 16 hours. I’ve learned so much since then (thank you BYC!!) and I honestly just enjoy the thrill of bringing them into the world, spoiling them for a little, and letting them go to live with their beautiful flock. Thy have trouble with Keith their broodys sitting and lost most all of their fertile eggs. He always brought fresh infertile eggs for us at work (got mad when I stashed a $50 as his desk.. but he’s given me hundreds of $ worth when it comes to fresh eggs.. especially now.. and feed isn’t cheap!)
I’ve hatched. Total of… 16 over a few months. 2 never made it to him, and 2 passed while there from failure to thrive (everything I do is diy so it stinks but makes sense)

So… yeah. I love their little fluffy butts for a week and ferry them onto a beautiful life with him and his wife (who are SO excited everytime 🤭) you can call me the chick midwife I suppose 🤔🤣🐣

Unfortunately I’m in rented townhome that backs up to the “dog park” (a very small fenced in area). We have a 3x5’ slab of concrete for our ‘patio’ so as much as I want to kee all the babies I hatch, my coworker has a beautiful little haven for his flock. I hunk they’re up to .. 8 coops? 4-8 in each. So she will live a wonderful life there.
I got into this because I have adhd and was far too curious. Hatched an “egglands best” egg but did basically everything wrong and the poor baby only made it 16 hours. I’ve learned so much since then (thank you BYC!!) and I honestly just enjoy the thrill of bringing them into the world, spoiling them for a little, and letting them go to live with their beautiful flock. Thy have trouble with Keith their broodys sitting and lost most all of their fertile eggs. He always brought fresh infertile eggs for us at work (got mad when I stashed a $50 as his desk.. but he’s given me hundreds of $ worth when it comes to fresh eggs.. especially now.. and feed isn’t cheap!)
I’ve hatched. Total of… 16 over a few months. 2 never made it to him, and 2 passed while there from failure to thrive (everything I do is diy so it stinks but makes sense)

So… yeah. I love their little fluffy butts for a week and ferry them onto a beautiful life with him and his wife (who are SO excited everytime 🤭) you can call me the chick midwife I suppose 🤔🤣🐣
That’s amazing it sounds exciting and maybe a little sad but still! It’s so cool you get to hatch and raise them and then they go to a great home! I would love to see more pictures!

Potch Koekoek babies... born around New Year, and 2 week old Rhode Island Reds (somewhat mixed, towards Bosvelders perhaps?). I cannot decide whether the faces or the little fluffy behinds are the cutest!

Attachments

• PHOTO-2024-01-05-17-04-55 (1).jpg
    PHOTO-2024-01-05-17-04-55 (1).jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 4
  • PHOTO-2024-01-05-17-04-55 (3).jpg
    PHOTO-2024-01-05-17-04-55 (3).jpg
    124 KB · Views: 3
  • PHOTO-2024-01-05-17-04-55.jpg
    PHOTO-2024-01-05-17-04-55.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 3
  • reds.jpg
    reds.jpg