post attack trauma?

That is a cute setup for your "tiny raptors" :gig
thanks, they are my babies. I want to protect them as much as possible. and we get some cold windy winters... so an outdoor coop wasn't happening :D I even have lights on a timer in the roost area as well as a brooder heater for when it gets below zero... and of coarse my hubby ran electrical so we could have outlet near the coop to plug everything in :love

thanks, they are my babies. I want to protect them as much as possible. and we get some cold windy winters... so an outdoor coop wasn't happening :D I even have lights on a timer in the roost area as well as a brooder heater for when it gets below zero... and of coarse my hubby ran electrical so we could have outlet near the coop to plug everything in :love
:lau You know if you can do it, why not. It also makes it convenient for you.
I just moved mine into a garage with concrete floor but I'm adding dirt...time will tell if that was a good decision or not.

I

It was just a 1 quart waterer. I am looking into a motion sensor with an automatic light and camera that alerts my phone. But for tonight my girls are in a large storage box in the spare bedroom.
Just gotta say it sounds like you are a really excellent chicken owner--impressive set-up and all the safety measures. It does sound like something is scaring the *&%$ out of them, the poor dears. I hope you get to the bottom of it. And my condolences for your loss. That's always hard.😟

:lau You know if you can do it, why not. It also makes it convenient for you.
I just moved mine into a garage with concrete floor but I'm adding dirt...time will tell if that was a good decision or not.
we put old linoleum flooring over the concrete floor in the garage, and lifted the coop onto boards (4x4's) to support the entire structure without gaps, so that I could use deep bedding. I just cleaned out about 12-15 inches of compressed straw and pine shavings to see if anything was nesting in there( there was nothing ... thankfully) it was very easy to clean out just lift the coop off the boards and move the boards to the side to leave a gap and rake it out. then I mopped it let dry and replenished the bedding. I even put linoleum in the pan under the roost area... makes it so easy to clean :p

Back
Top Bottom