Post here if you DON'T wash clean-looking eggs

Quote:
Maybe the same guy that made yours made our first one. The roosts were right in line with the boxes and they liked roosting in them. We covered them up but our new coop has roosts by the floor.

Only if theres a mark does that mark get wiped off with a piece of wet paper towel. Eggs are stored in the frig.

I mentioned this topic to my bf and said he does wash the eggs before using the them, .. I don't. lol

Ok here's what I don't get. If washing removes the "bloom" then how does a brush or sandpaper leave that bloom intact? It doesn't!

I only wash mine if they're really poopy, and even then only right before I use it. Those don't get put in the fridge either but the clean ones normally do.

I never wash clean-looking eggs. Learned this from my Mom (I'm 74). She would NEVER wash eggs; she used fine sandpaper to clean the dirty ones (she sold eggs commercially). Thus I've eaten unwashed eggs for some 70 years! However, I've not used the sandpaper method; I do wash the dirty ones, since current rules allow the sale of washed eggs.

Quote:
TOO FUNNY

But if that is true ... wouldn't the eggs be square ... and a little door on the side ... and a wee light comes on when you open it?
Wait ... that would really help in the incubator.

I have never washed the eggs. All have been very clean so far. I vaguely remember my grandmother saying not to wash the eggs. She would rub the dirty ones on her apron. What's an apron??

Back
Top Bottom