Post here if you DON'T wash clean-looking eggs

Quote:
That is one simply beautiful dog in your avatar....GP?

I was going to ask for more pics of that dog. Hopefully rockstar will start a thread about that dog? I'd love to see more!

just the poopy ones...
wink.png

Why would I wash a perfectly good egg? I heard there is a natural coating on them that protects against bacteria, so it is best not to wash them. However, sometimes I just have to wash them if they are soiled. That means I need to clean out the nesting boxes. I try to just brush them rather than wash them, but sometimes that is not enough. This answer has probably been posted already, but I haven't read the other comments yet.

I only have one hen that leaves poo on her eggs. Daisy is a small hen and she lays rather large eggs for her size. I wash her eggs, but only when I'm ready to cook them. The other eggs I wash if I'm in the mood to, or if they were too close to Daisy's egg.

I don't wash eggs either. The odd really poopy one gets washed before cooking.
I don't even wash the ones that I sell and there is usually some pine shavings stuck to them or an occasional smear of poop on them.
It doesn't seem to deter people from buying them.

I don't wash clean eggs, but if it has visible poo that I can just scrape off, I'll wash them and then I'll spray a little cooking spray oil on them to kind of "re-protect" them for the fridge. That's just me, though.

Back
Top Bottom