Post office killed my chicks. I am in shock. pics - graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they didn't call you! I'd be furious, as I'm sure you are.
somad.gif

If the P.O. brushes off your husband, I wouldn't stop there. Keep pursuing the issue until you get it resolved.

Wow. I don't know what to say..... There are so many things that come to mind. I am so sorry for you, dh and the chicks. My dogs would have done the same thing to the box. They do it to any box left out. Our postman left Christmas boxes over the fence 2 yrs ago and the dogs tore them up. Also found them trying to open a tin of chocolate chip cookies that they tore out of a box.

hugs.gif

So sorry for your loss. I have hatching eggs coming, and I'm thinking I should probably give my PO a call; the postmaster here is very nice we have spoken with him in person a few times and he is very willing to accomidate and help anytime he can. That being said, I'm not sure our carrier is of the same caliber - we have not had a package delivered since we moved here. I once had a delivery of live ornamental ( expensive ) shrimp delivered for my 55 gallon tank. The box was well packaged and marked VERY well. The lady postal carrier tossed the box into the ditch from a moving vehicle - we watched her do it. I and three others on the road called and reported the incident ( I had neighbors watching for the mail since I knew they were coming ) - we got a new mail carrier within the week. It may pay for you to look up the number to either your post office or to the national number and report this - I would. Eventually you should get a decent carrier. We went through 3 before getting a good one that would at least honk when we had a package. If we we not home she would leave the package along with our mail for the day on a table right next to the front door on our porch. Best of luck resolving this with your PO.

How horrible! I'm so sorry.

I would make them replace the chicks-they have a responsibility to deliver things safely. What if it had been perishable goods (worse even that it was live animals). I would also take to the postmaster and higher up, as well as place a complaint through the usps 1-800 number trying to reach the highest-up possible-that is inexcusable.

We have had a horrible mailperson in the past (put a delivery box of electronics in the neighbor's leaky shed, we didn't find it until a month later, wet & ruined) that same person even ran OVER our "stamp out hunger" food donation at the box and didn't even pause, a huge grocery bag full of canned goods. Once she ran INTO our mailbox, leaving it bent, then a week later left a note that if it wasn't straightened to exact standards delivery would cease.
roll.png
Thankfully we have much better people now.

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

Whatever you do, do not get rid of the box. Keep it as evidence.

thumbsup.gif

So sorry!

Our post office always calls at 6am when they arrive on the delivery truck. The postal carriers don't deliver them to the door, so there are not problems like you are having to deal with.

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom