Post office may close this winter?

Quote:
I wouldn't if stuff came when it is supposed to. Here's my rant. I've subscribed to both Sports Illustrated and Time Magazine for over 50 years--the former is mailed for delivery on Thurs the latter on Fri. Since midJuly I have been getting them as late as the following Wed. When I asked at the local PO--I get my mail at a PO Box--I was told the problem is at the distribution center. It seems in the last year they have consolidated these centers and the people working there are taking their sweet time in sorting and sending 3rd class stuff. The local postal clerk is disgusted with the service too The thing is I can get an ipad and have both those magazines sent there on time--oops there goes some more USPS revenue. In many cases it is the poor performance of the employees that is hurting the company and driving material elsewhere. In fact, I've taken to calling it the US Postal--there is no longer any Service involved.

America will soon be post Postal......We'll have to come up with a new term for going postal.
lol.png

Well for one thing it aint gonna go broke around Christmas. Im not lying after that sentence something just ended about the PO on the news -.- Ok back to what I was going to say... Because Christmas is the busiest time of the internet buying lol

We certainly buy alot of things over the Christmas on Ebay, that would create a bit of a bump increase in revenue other than Christmas cards that most of the folks are doing but with our own creative little minds, we can make our own e-Christmas cards. Remember those e-Hallmark cards, oh boy that was popular a few years ago until Hallmark decided to take charge of charging those e-cards.

Retirement is a luxury, it may be the thing of the past for people that can not retire as early as 55 as it used to be. I do not know if my pension from my old job would be there but I sure hope so. I have another twenty years or so before I can collect that pension, IF it will be there.

People keep getting longer and longer, therefore it will cost more to keep them covered and they would work longer and harder than their parents ever did. You almost could not afford to live on Social Security by itself.

I have the feeling in ten to twenty years, snail mail in writing letters will be the thing of the past. How would one write to our fighting boys over the Middle East, if we go to war again? Again, we depend on the USPS to deliver the goods to our boys overseas. Not all of them have access to internet.

Quote:
And it's all shipped by FedEx and UPS--most don't trust the USPS to get stuff to customers in time--or at all.

Why am I not suprised! There was a report last week saying how they have staff attend work each day and just sit around doing nothing. They cannot be let go, or transferred to a post office where help is needed all thanks to the Unions!

No wonder we are going to the dogs as a country, and yes I am one of those S.O.B's that Jimmy Hoffer Jr talked about! Time for a shakeup before it's too late.....

Quote:
I wouldn't if stuff came when it is supposed to. Here's my rant. I've subscribed to both Sports Illustrated and Time Magazine for over 50 years--the former is mailed for delivery on Thurs the latter on Fri. Since midJuly I have been getting them as late as the following Wed. When I asked at the local PO--I get my mail at a PO Box--I was told the problem is at the distribution center. It seems in the last year they have consolidated these centers and the people working there are taking their sweet time in sorting and sending 3rd class stuff. The local postal clerk is disgusted with the service too The thing is I can get an ipad and have both those magazines sent there on time--oops there goes some more USPS revenue. In many cases it is the poor performance of the employees that is hurting the company and driving material elsewhere. In fact, I've taken to calling it the US Postal--there is no longer any Service involved.

And they cannot be sacked or punished due to Unions..........

The postal service is also closing processing centers:

http://consumerist.com/2011/09/usps-looking-to-close-half-its-processing-centers-lay-off-35000.html

This is going to slow down first class mail and most likely other forms of mail over large areas of the country, if not all over. This is not good news at all for those people who either buy eggs from distant breeders or who sell/ship them.

The processing center that serves my area is being closed and our local mail will be processed in another state. Not good!

Quote:
Sounds to me like another made up crisis. Just another opportunity to throw millions of dollars at another government union.....I can see it, now......OMG. Children will not be able to get the presents from their grandma, who lives in California.

People don't get jobs at the Post Office, because they feel a calling from God, to deliver the mail , come hell or high water. They do it, because at 20 years of service, they can bail with a nice retirement and health benefits.

It is time for every employment agency, who offers all of this pie in the sky retirement, to be able to have it all funded, ahead of the curve. Otherwise, don't dangle that carrot, as an employment incentive.

Back
Top Bottom