Post office woes

leggomyegg0

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 21, 2011
Robbins
Got a notice from my egg supplier that they'd shipped my eggs on Wednesday, they provided a tracking number... ETA was today... needless to say I wouldn't be woeing if it had arrived... and there are no posted updates saying where they may be or when they may be delivered other than delivery was expected on the 16th...
sad.png
not a happy camper! Incubator is all set up and waiting... Hope they get here tomorrow even though the seller said they were all collected monday and tuesday and should be fine I still feel like fresher is better.

Claudette

I feel for you I had some really expensive Chocolate Orpington eggs stuck in the post for over 2 weeks, 1 made it to lockdown amazingly then my incubator overheated and nearly caught fire overnight. Needless to say the little one didn't make it
sad.png

Hopefully you will receive them tomorrow the P.O probably backed up a bit with the Christmas post
fl.gif

Good luck with your hatch when they arrive
smile.png

The PO is super busy but also sending extra trucks all over the place to keep all the mail moving. I hope you'll allow the eggs to settle once you do get them. I'm also waiting on a few egg shipments. Like yours, I have tracking info saying they should have been delivered today. I have other eggs waiting so they can start at the same time.

Best of luck to you!

first, the usps should be making cuts. it's costing/wasting me/my money. scale it down boys. let's get it fixed. thank you. and you're welcome.

it is absolutely ridiculous that the usps tracking system...well, it doesn't work. i don't get it. why have a tracking system that says the same thing no matter how many times i check it? my experience has been it only changes when something is delivered. there seems to be no status updates, or actual tracking, along the way. fedex makes it work. why can't the entity that i'm paying for make it work?

just silly. pure silliness.

you may respond by saying things like these don't matter - - but they do. and it's obvious. the usps is in serious trouble - - and when compared to almost any other mailing company it's blatantly clear as to why.

i have only had ONE fedex package delayed (ever!) and guess what? it was on my doorstep the next day by noon with an apology. only once. i always know where the package is, and if there's an issue - - their site tells me. i love fedex. they're soooo awesome.

maybe i will start an occupy protest FOR fedex. yep. maybe i will. except i won't. i'm busy. i have a mani/pedi appointment. priorities.

You can expect delays from UPS, USPS, and FED Ex this time of year. Sending eggs right now is not a good idea; this is their busiest time of the year.

Yep, waiting on a shippment of quail eggs myself, 2nd attempt as well, first attempt ended up being sent back to sender for no reason what so ever & now 4 days into the second attempt looks like the same thing, no acurate tracking & no way to call & check on the order. Also on one past shippment I signed up for the email notifications & didnt get am email at all until after I had received the shippment ???
somad.gif

What's so funny is that most of you don't realizer that the Post Office is the one delivering the 'last mile' (that means from FEDEX/UPS local facilities TO your door), to all the little towns around the bigger city. FEDEX/UPS can't do it for the money they charge you..... USPS has an agreement with FEDEX. They carry postal mail on the planes with their package mail, then the USPS delivers their packages to all the little towns around the major city closest to you... If there were no postal service, shipping through FEDEX/UPS would be much higher....

Quote:
Normally, I totally ignore this type of thread but this misinformation needs to stop. You aren't "paying for" the USPS unless you are buying stamps and sending parcels. The USPS is not run with your tax dollars like many other government agencies. There is free "franked" mail for certain government agencies and non-profits get a break (eliminating this is being looked at), but the USPS is more independent than you may realize.
I want to make clear that I believe there is great room for improvement within the USPS but we should be pushing for improvement not elimination of it, but this is not the place for that.
The USPS had to PREpay retirement and health benefits, something no other goverment or private business has had to do. Another reason the USPS is in the trouble it is in is the same reason many businesses are in trouble, there is less business for them. More email and electronic payments have reduced the amount of money coming in and UPS and FedEx, while taking the money making parcel business in more highly populated areas, leaves the USPS to deliver every where else. The founding fathers realized the importance of the ability for EVERYONE to have mail delivery and created the USPS. Those that live in rural areas are still Americans deserving of the "universal service mandate" that the USPS operates under.

Regarding tracking-If you are referring to "Delivery Confirmation", that is DELVERY Confirmation, not tracking. If you want to track something, meaning have it scanned at each facility it reaches, you have to use Express Mail. These items are handling completely separately from the millions of other pieces the USPS handles and therefore can be scanned in each facility.

Yes......I was a USPS letter carrier for 15 years. I loved my job but was often frustrated with decisions made by "higher ups" that made no sense to those of us doing the actual work. No, I don't work there now, I left 11 years ago to care for a child with disabilities. Take sometime to talk directly to your mail carrier and clerk or postmaster at your own post office. You will find it's like every other workplace in America, there are dedicated employees and others that could care less about the quality of work they do.
I hope all your parcels arrive safely, regardless of what service you use to send them.

Back
Top Bottom