post office

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Johndale, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Johndale

Johndale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    the guy that is giving me eggs said they would be here in 2 to 3 days on thursday and it might get here sunday and the post office will be closed so i was wondering if you think it will get here sunday or saturday, and if it does get here on sunday wensday he said the eggs were 1 to 2 days old so theyll be 7 days old sunday and i was wondering if theylle still be able to hatch?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

The post office does is not open on sunday. When were they shipped, from where to where? And were they shipped by priority mail?

The eggs will still be fine to incubate.

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    eggs can be stored for up to 10-14 days (14 being the MAX) so they should be fine !! Good luck!!!

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    They should be fine..just candle them when you do get them and check to see if any of them smell wich i doubt

when ever i order eggs if the seller mails them out on a monday i always get them on a wenseday [​IMG] so yup it's between 2 or 3 days

* Edit for spelling *

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  5. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    They may be delivered to your local PO on Sunday but they won't be delivered to you until Monday if that's the case. Either way they should still be fine.

Are they going to call you upon arrival? I really reccomend it with hatching eggs. As a mail carrier I know how hard it is on eggs riding around in our vehicles on the route.

6. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Usually people don't mail late in the week so the eggs don't get stuck in the post office an extra day on sunday. That's just good shipping practice to send them out wednesday at the latest.

My post office usually calls me if they see a priority mail package with my name on it and don't know if it can safely be transported to my house. So far it hasn't been an issue with eggs. They leave them on my doorstep. But I'm in a really small town like 2 blocks from the post office so they don't have far to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by