Post Peafowl Decorations, Jewelry, Clothing or anything Peafowl

I drew and painted all of these recently. I am getting into watercolors...These were all done as thank you notes for all the Christmas/Birthday presents I got.

This was the first one I did and the one I am keeping. I found a photo of a green peahen and used it for reference.

Are these part of your advertising campaign with your family, or do you just want them to get so accustomed to looking at green peafowl that they don't notice when you slide a couple into the flock?

Nice artwork... and we know what your muse is this year
gig.gif
Love watercolors!

BTW, they had some spectacular watercolor pencils at the craft store... deep, brilliant peafowl colors and metallics too, I think.

Last edited:

I drew and painted all of these recently. I am getting into watercolors...These were all done as thank you notes for all the Christmas/Birthday presents I got.

This was the first one I did and the one I am keeping. I found a photo of a green peahen and used it for reference.

Minx, that's beautiful! I love it!
love.gif

Are these part of your advertising campaign with your family, or do you just want them to get so accustomed to looking at green peafowl that they don't notice when you slide a couple into the flock?

Nice artwork... and we know what your muse is this year  :gig   Love watercolors!

BTW, they had some spectacular watercolor pencils at the craft store...  deep, brilliant peafowl colors and metallics too, I think. 

I have tried some metallics and so far I am not sure if I like them. They don't shine the way I thought they would. I might have to try a different brand. I went on a trip last summer specifically to learn how to do watercolor from my Aunt. Since I was tired from all of my art classes, I didn't have any patience and I felt nervous with her always over my shoulder so I didn't do so well and felt discouraged. I need a calm environment to do this painting or else I will rush it and it won't look good.

Yep I am obsessed! Well you could call it me trying to get my family to accept green peafowl, but really I just felt like trying out some watercolor by painting a green peahen. I decided it would be a thank you note to my boyfriend's mom since she got me some peafowl themed presents. When I finished it my mom said I had to keep it because she liked it, and told me I could just make more, so I did. So really I wasn't using it for subliminal messging. Usually I just annoy my family showing them photos of green peafowl saying, "Look how beautiful they are! See that one there? That one is a peahen! She is so colorful!" then they are like, "Mmh that's nice" or "uh huh". They were not amazed when they saw all of those pretty pure green peafowl at rocking BAB, so after that I kind of lost hope in them ever really liking the greens.

Outstanding work

Hey feather friends! I make feather headdresses (like the one in my profile picture and below) and brooches made from Collected feathers. I'm looking for people who have collections of feathers that they don't know what to do with. Mail me your clean feathers and I will use half to create a unique fascinators, headband, wedding garland, brooch, hairpin, or earrings. The other half is your payment for this unique custom creation and I will only ask you to pay for the shipping! If you want to do this, contact me for details!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom